Researchers at 3 universities in England discovered that babies who were given home-cooked fruit and vegetables were eating higher amounts of fruit and vegetables at the age of seven than those given home-cooked meals less often.
- Use fresh local in season fruit and vegetables.
- Store food you prepare in reusable containers.
- Reduce the use of packaging as much as possible: some fruits come in their own packaging like bananas, which are a great first food and full of potassium.
- If you buy prepared food, look for organic baby food that is sold in glass jars that you can re-use.
- Use wet face washers to clean baby's face and hands, instead of baby wipes.
- When out take a wet washer in a container to use for cleaning up baby.
pumpkin, sweet potato, avocado, carrots, banana, pear.